What is Brahma Muhurta (ब्रह्म मुहूर्त) ?
- Brahma or Brahman is the Creator of universe.
- Muhurta means the time period.
The 'time of Bramha' is called Brahma Muhurta. Brahmamuhurta is a time that starts one hour and 36 minutes (1hour:36min) before sunrise and lasts 48 minutes. There is a common doubt that Brahmamuhurta time is every country. The answer is No. It changes depending on the sunrise.
Meaning of the above sloka:
brahma muhurtam uttishthet
swastho rakshartham Ayusha:tatra
To maintain excellent health and to live a long life, one should wake up at the brahma muhurta.
Waking up early in the “Brahmamuhurta” and doing meditation or work, brings success. Know what is Brahma Muhurta, why it is considered auspicious, and what are the benefits of working at this time ?
Often you must have heard from elders that getting up in Brahma Muhurta and starting your daily routine brings success in life. Do you know what is Brahma Muhurta ? What is its significance in Hinduism ? Why is Brahma Muhurta considered auspicious ? Why are the works done in Brahma Muhurta proved? Let us try to answer all these questions here.
What to do in Brahma Muhurta ?
Do only 4 important things to do in Brahma Muhurta time.
- Sandhya Vandan
Sandhya Vandan done in Vedic way is most appropriate. After that meditation then prayer. The student should study after the worship. This time is considered best for study. If you practice it for a month you will definetely see the change within yourselves.
What not to do in Brahma Muhurta ?
Negative thoughts, arguments, conversations, sexual intercourse, sleep, food, travel, any kind of noise etc. It has been observed that many people perform aarti etc. with great enthusiasm at this time. Some do havan, it is unfair. By this they will put themselves and others in danger. A learned man should stay away from such people.
Quote Of The Day
"Waking up early, mingling with nature, and having my quiet time are all non-negotiable for me."
At this time the whole environment is peaceful and pure. Gods and Goddesses are roaming in this period. There is predominance of sattva or pure qualities. The doors of major temples are also opened in Brahma Muhurt and there is a law to worship and decorate God in Brahma Muhurt.
Beauty, strength, knowledge and health are attained in getting up early. This time is considered best for writing books.
Science behind Brahma Muhurta: What to do and health benefits
It has been known from scientific researches that the atmosphere is pollution free in Brahma Muhurta. At the same time, the amount of oxygen (pranavayu) in the atmosphere is the highest (41 percent), which is important for the purification of the lungs. By getting pure air, the mind and brain also remain healthy. At such a time cleaning of the city is prohibited.
According to Ayurveda, the air flowing at this time has been called nectar like. By getting up and walking in the Brahma Muhurta, there is communication of Sanjivani Shakti in the body.
This time has also been said to be the best for study, because when we wake up in the morning after resting at night, the body and mind remain energetic and fresh. If the level of oxygen is also high in the morning, then it provides extra energy to the brain, due to which the studied things easily go into the memory fund.
Benefits of waking up at brahma muhurta
- According to religious belief, at this time deities and ancestors come to our homes, due to which our home progresses.
- In Brahma Muhurta, the whole environment is filled with positive energy and when this energy meets our inner energy, then good thoughts come in our mind and there is communication of zeal and enthusiasm.
- A person who wakes up in Brahma Muhurta is spiritual and always happy.
- The practice of meditation done in Brahma Muhurta is the best time for self analysis and Brahma Gyan.
- With the rising of Brahma Muhurta, physical strength and stamina are built up in the body.
- According to Ayurveda, by getting up and walking in the Brahma Muhurta, intake and touch of pure vital air with life-giving power infuses new power within us.
- A person who gets up or wakes up in Brahma Muhurta gets good health, strength, intelligence and knowledge.
- Waking up in Brahma Muhurta cures various mental ailments like mental stress, anxiety, insomnia and depression.
- This is the appropriate and right time to keep the body healthy and fit.
- Those who wake up in Brahma Muhurta, they become more successful in life.
- According to scientists, the atmosphere is free from pollution at the time of Brahma Muhurta. In a pure environment, the percentage of vital air and oxygen gas is also high.
- It is believed that the worship and prayers done at this time reach the God directly, so Brahma Muhurta is considered the best time to worship God.
Brahma muhurta pooja benefits
It is most appropriate to worship in Brahma Muhurta. If worship is done in the right way and at the right time, then it gives proper results and positivity increases in the house. Sages have called Brahma Muhurta as the time of the gods. We should wake up everyday in Brahma Muhurta. Waking up at this time and reciting prayers gives peace to the mind.
In the morning, our mind also remains concentrated, due to this, while worshiping, our mind gets completely connected with God. And while worshiping, the mind does not wander here and there. While worshiping, it is necessary to have full attention on worship only, if our attention wanders while worshiping, then we do not get the full result of worship.
The special importance of worship lessons has been explained in Hinduism. If worship is done in the right way and at the right time, then the devotees get its proper results and positivity increases in the house.
Worshiping in the afternoon is considered prohibited because this time is auspicious for worshiping ancestors. Worshiping God in the afternoon does not yield auspicious results and during the day many thoughts keep running in the mind of a person. Due to which he is not able to devote his full attention to worship.