A bramachari should be pure in words, deeds, action and thoughts. If you see western countries, people are more materialistic. It means their happiness is in partying, money, big vehicles. Materialistic and physical attraction will only lead to degradation of the self.
If you see India on the other side, people are more spiritual compared to other western countries. Other countries are now following spiritual gurus from India to some extent. To be a bramachari a person should be spiritually active. Materialistic action will make u fall in the course of time.
If you see a monk life, they are spiritually very active and bramachari for a lifetime. Chasity is considered the highest virtue. Only a chaste person can make the ojas rise from base to brain. This is the reason why monks don't marry. They don't want to clutter their mind with worldly things. In Vedas and scriptures, bramacharya is emphasized a lot.
Quote Of The Day
"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."
Veerya / Semen Retention
Veerya is the vital fluid in our body. You can attain eternal bliss by preserving this. The main aim of celibacy is to control over this vital force (veerya). This can be only done by bramacharya/celibacy. A drop of semen comes out of 40 drops of blood. In Ayurveda, it is said to come out of 8 drops of blood. As more of the semen is lost, more will be the weakness of body and mental health and energy.
It will take at least 6 months to get to normal state after stopping masturbation/no fap.
Food to stop:
- Spicy food, very sweet, too much sour food, onion, a lot of sugar/salt
- Avoid underground vegetables
- Non-Vegetarian food
- No alcohol, smoking
- Always be in a good company. A man is known by the company he is with. Avoid looking at ladies with a lustful eye.
- Always wake up at brahamamuhurth. 1.5hr before sunrise. A person who won't wake up at this time cannot become a bramachari. Drink a liter of water as so as you wake up in the morning, then do some pranayama.
- Never to see videos which does not have spirituality.
- Use of Amala or Triphla can be helpful to maintain bramacharya. Do not indulge in any dirty talks
- Maintain a mother bhava towards all ladies
Harmful effects of semen loss
- Face seems dull and pale and non-energetic personality
- Always angry for no reason, confused
- Back pain, knee pain, black spots near nose
- Over heightened emotions, worried,laziness,fear,sucide tendency
- Heavy eyes and always sleepy
- Unwanted night fall
- Person's face will be glowy and happy. People will like to talk to that person for no reason.
- Will have an attractive personality
- Cheeks will have some pink color
Practices for Bramacharya
- Practice of yoga postures like siddhasana, sirshasana, Sarvanasana, Mula bandha, Uddiyana bandha. Through yogic techniques, a yogi can transmute semenal energy to Ojas-shakthi.
- Japa and bhakthi can destroy impure thoughts.
- Practice of ashatang yoga
- Practice taking a sativic food.
- Have a cold water bath every day. Get up at 4am.
Sri Shankaracharya - 8 Steps to Attain Bramaharya
Translation of the above quotes:
स्त्रीणाम् स्मरणम् दर्शनम् गुण-कर्मानुकीर्तनम् तासु समीचीनत्व-धीः
प्रीतिः मिथः सम्भाषणम्…सह-वासः च संसर्गः (एवम्) अष्टधा मैथुनम् विदुः
एतद्-विलक्षणम् ब्रह्म-चर्यम् चित्त-प्रसादकम् (अस्ति)।
- Thinking of women
- Seeing them
- Praising their qualities and deeds
- Fancing them as beautiful
- Loves them
- Talks to them in private
- Dwelling together
- Close companionship with them
Only by shunning all this that Brahmacharya may be attained. It is only by this means that it is possible to attain serenity of mind.
Vayu Purana I.59.41
Brahmacharya helps by powering the spiritual aspirant with tremendous energy and gigantic will-power.
Vayu Purana I.59.46
Celibacy, Japa, silence and fasting – these are the roots of penance. Penance is hard and very difficult to achieve.
These are some scriptural verses that say Brahmacharya is necessary for spiritual advancement.